This is an open invitation and word of encouragement to those of you that know you have words inside of you that will help others navigate through life’s mountain top and valleys, and the crossroads on the path between. I would like to invite you to write with me. HisDLight was a space created with you in mind. A place not for just me, Danielle, to write, but for many to write and share their story.
A place where the call to write, disciple, ingest and growth can be exercised. A place where we can all be a good and friend and neighbor. A place where we can come together without coordinating schedules and share our experiences with one another.
It is not a question of whether you were called by God to do, but what and who you are called to? You were called to create….. something. God loves to create as much as He loves his creation, and he continues to create through us. The question is, what is that something he called you to create? Second question, what are you going to do about it, and how long will you wait to start that canvas?
So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.Colossians 1:10
Some advice for those of you still wondering if God has a plan for you, and those of you still trying to wrap your mind around what that plan is.
- Spend time with the Lord. Pray and ask God to reveal your purpose to you.
- Get. In. The. Word. Read your Bible every day. One verse is sufficient.
- “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3:16
- Understand God’s definition of purpose. Read Purpose Driven Life.
- Discover your design, and the beauty of your uniqueness.
- Identify where God has placed you and who He has placed you with for this season.
- “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
- Tell someone about the calling God has placed on your life, or what you think you are hearing from him. Get it in the light.
- “And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Hebrews 13:16
- Know that it’s okay to misinterpret it, or to only get bits and pieces of it. He has a plan and purpose for that too. I cant tell you how many times Ive heard and learned to be true, “God will illuminate the path you are on, but just enough to see your next step.”
- Know that there are multiple callings, giftings and talents on your life.
- The importance of continued steps and surrender.
I, personally, know that I am a visionary with a love for people, adventure and growth, called to cultivate content and environments that bring people together. I am directed to lead, teach, give and serve.
If you have a story, I want to hear it, and not just me, there are many who need to hear your story, many that yearn for a friend to walk beside in their journey and share your journey with you. There are many who need a friend like you, and need your testimony (or at least a part of it). If you’d like to be a part of a community that loves God, loves people and want friends to walk alongside and glean Godly wisdom from, this is the place for you. This is a safe space. Welcome Home. Comment on the blog or email to connect.
One response to “a Safe Space”
Love you, friend! Well said!
LikeLiked by 1 person